We're passionate about giving children outdoor learning experiences, and enjoy working with school and preschool groups to enhance children’s education.
Costs for school and pre-school groups are:
- $4 per student
- Ratio of 1:10, adults free
- Additional adults $5 each
We welcome two teachers per group a pre-visit for free.
There's plenty of parking space for buses and cars.
Please contact us if you'd like more information, or would like to arrange a visit.
We feel it's very important to save rare animal breeds, and are members of the New Zealand Rare Breeds Conservation Society. Alongside the farm park we run a 45 hectare farm that's focused on breeding many of the animals you'll see at the park.
Who are we?
We're David and Vicky Pattinson, Kiwis who emigrated to the UK in 2000 with our two young boys. In 2011 we returned to our favourite home, Nelson, to develop the farm park. After much hard work we opened the doors on the first of March 2014. We have a 10-year vision for the farm park and are constantly improving and developing the 17 hectare site.
We're also very lucky to have a great team of staff who love sharing their knowledge and love of animals with our visitors.
Why did we set up Animal Farm?
Because we believe that:
- children need opportunities to experience the joy of bonding with farm animals
- families need quality time together outdoors, away from digital and electronic devices
- the conservation of rare breed farm animals is critically important, especially New Zealand rare breeds.
What makes Animal Farm different?
- Healthy, happy, very friendly animals
- Animals have generous sized paddocks
- Natural farm setting
- Hands-on animal experiences throughout the day
We proudly claim to be New Zealand’s ultimate hands-on farm experience, and look forward to sharing the farm with you!